The International Champions Cup (ICC) launched in Australia in July 2015 – featuring Real Madrid, Manchester City FC and AS Roma. The three matches attracted 225,000 fans to the iconic Melbourne Cricket Ground. ESQ Collective was contracted to head up commercial operations of the 2016 program with rights holder Catalyst Media Group Ltd (CMG). The 2016 ICC featured Tottenham Hotspur FC, Juventus FC and Atletico de Madrid and was presented by Audi.
CMG is a Hong Kong based company that acquires, creates and develops international and Asian sports and entertainment properties and hold the rights to the ICC Tournament in the Asia Pacific region in partnership with Relevent Sports.
The Head of Commercial Operations work included:
- Representing CMG in Australia on all project management matters including timeline and program management, budget control, site visit planning and local promoter (TEG Live) contractual compliance.
- Acted as the primary relationship manager to presenting partner, Audi, including leading the roll-out and delivery of all contractual rights.
- ESQ managed, guided and supported, with the Australian promoter TEG Live the marketing, promotion and approval of sponsorship activation of rights sold by TEG.
- Approved all promotional and marketing plans from the promoter and then coordinated with CMG/RSE international offices to source guidelines, content and approvals in relation to participating clubs and the ICC brand.
- ESQ worked closely with the participating clubs to ensure they fulfilled their contractual obligations to the tournament and assisted with all localised activity the clubs’ wished to implement as part of their own fan engagement programs.
Catalyst Media Group
January – July 2016